Well 2013 is coming to a close and even though I've been barely on here all year, it's tradition, and I must fulfill it
and now, THE YEAR IN REVIEW MEME!!!!
1) Where did you begin 2013?
In January, as usual
2) What was your status by Valentine's Day?
I was in a happy relationship with my boyfriend; he was even able to visit me at college
3) Were you in school anytime this year?
4) How did you earn your money?
I worked, and worked, and worked some more.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes, but not for me
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
7) Would you relive 2013 over and over again?
No, it had it's good parts, but it was a bit rough, I'm ready to go forward
8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Friends of friends...My friend got engaged though
10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
My Great Grandmother of 103 years old passed away, it was tough she had been a big part of our family, and it's going to take some time to get used to her not being around. She's not the only one who has, but I'm drawing a blank on all other names at the moment
11) Did you know anyone who had a baby?
Well my old roommate had her baby in Feb, there's been a few more new babies in my extended family, and my friend's sister had another baby
12) Did you move anywhere?
Job wise, I now work as a clerk in our local Kmart, it's closer to home and so much nicer than having an hour bus ride.
13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
I got to see another Vocaliod Concert at Tora-Con, it was nicer this year, bigger theater to sit in, and they gave us glow sticks to wave, it was a lot of fun
14) Are you registered to vote?
15) Do you still have the same job as you did in 2011?
Nope, I changed jobs
16) Has anyone betrayed you in 2012?
In a sense I feel like one of my professors had, someone I had thought who was going to be more professional ended up not being so
17) Where do you live now?
Same place as usual
18) Describe your birthday?
It was nice, I was given the day off by surprise and got to relax.
19) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2013?
Break a swimming pool XD
20) What has been your favorite moment?
I don't have just one, but I must say one of my favorites was the day after Tora-Con and
21) What's something you learned about yourself?
I'm a lot stronger than I thought I was, and that I'm quite flexible in many situations,
and that I may need to think more about what I want to do with my life
OH YES! I've sort of developed a love for vintage things more so than I ever have this year, particularly in fashion...
22) Any new additions to your family?
Chickens. My family now has 25 chickens living in our backyard, and I love them all dearly
23) What was your best month?
I gotta say somewhere in the that period of the end of July and early August.
24) Were you in a relationship this year?
and I celebrated our one year anniversary this year
25) What music will you remember 2013 by?
Songs by Annette Hanshaw
Everything You Know is Wrong by Weird Al
and the HEYHEYHEY Heman song
26) Favorite book you read?
I didn't get to read a lot this year. I finally get my hands on a copy of "Lolita" by Vladamir Nabokov, I wanted to read it, since I've really been able to get into the Lolita Fashion from Japan, something I finally can invest in, people of course often confused the book with the fashion...I can assure you the two have NOTHING in common...seriously that book is messed up..interesting, but messed up
27) Favorite Movie?
Well, I found a movie called "Sita Sings the Blues" an animated feature that's in the public domain on YouTube, that mixes Hindu religious folklore with the music of Annette Hanshaw, a performer from the 1920's, it's really good, you can check it out here-> www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkYOq…
I saw The Great Gatsby in theaters, It was pretty to look at, but I found it sorta dull since I didn't like the book much. I must say, Leonardo DiCaprio was an excellent choice as Gatsby.
I did get to see Monsters University in theaters too, it was pretty good, I enjoyed it
28) Favorite TV show?
I've really, really, REALLY gotten into Venture Bros this year. I LOVE IT!!! I hadn't seen it before the new season came out over the summer, luckily I was able to catch up on it online, it's AMAZING!! It's restored my faith in TV animation to be honest.
29) New friend?
Well there was this lovely lady who moved into the room next to me this year
who is not only an amazing artist, but also shares a love for vintage things..and yoai
And ironically, while it's been my hardest year in college, I've made a lot of friends this past semester..I guess you never know when you'll find them
30) Would you say you've changed since the beginning of this year?
Yes, I've changed quite a bit since January
31) Do you think 2014 will be better or worse?
I don't think it's going to be any easier, but I do feel like it will be a better year.
I'm looking forward to it